Bed and Breakfast
Little Paddock is set in two and a half acres of rural Dorset near the market town of Ringwood. We have 3 double rooms and 8 wooden lodges available.
Little Paddock comprises of a small caravan park, 8 wooden Lodges and a bungalow which is at the end of a two hundred metre drive (slight incline). There is a car park next to the bungalow access is via either a small pathway or three steps to climb. The Lodges have a separate car park with a sloping path (wood chip) leading to the lodges.
Each room has a private entrance through a French door (one step up). Each room has ensuite facilities and one room has a large shower with seat. There are steps down to our swimming pool and the camping field.
Five of the Lodges are single storey with a step(s) up to a decking area. Each comprises of a lounge / diner and kitchenette. With ensuite wet/shower room. Three Lodges have spiral staircases leading to a upper level / bedroom each with a circular bed (wet rooms are down stairs).
The first lodge has a ramp to the decking area. This is single storey and the bedroom has two single beds.
The Lodges have a small “village green” for relaxing and sun bathing, with BBQ area.
- Little Paddock is on Hurn Road a small lane running parallel to the main A338 dual carriage way.
- We have large electronic opening gates which are key code operated. A bell by the gates calls the house to allow us to speak to guests on arrival.
- There is no local transport passing by Little Paddock although buses are available in Ringwood and throughout the Bournemouth conurbation.
- Local Taxis are available in Ringwood or Christchurch
- The nearest train station is Christchurch.
- We are adults only in the Bed and Breakfast, although families are welcome to camp.
- We have a brochure and menu which we can produce in large type on request.
- Our website: www.little-paddock.com provides pictures of the rooms and our facilities
- Contact details are detailed on the website and later on in this document.
- No pets are allowed but we have two cats to amuse you.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We would be grateful if you would let us know your expected time of arrival so that we can be ready with a cub of tea (or coffee or other soft drink).
- We would normally expect guest to arrive after 4pm.
- Parking is close to the bungalow.
- We are always willing to assist you with your luggage, and have trolley facilities available. Access to the site is via security gates – guests are given the four digit access code on arrival.
Main Entrance & Reception
- There are two steps to the main door, although guests are able to use their own entrance (as above).
- The door is usually open during the day but guests are asked to ring the bell to call us.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- there is a hallway that leads to all the rooms and guest lounge
- the whole bungalow is carpeted
- There is a separate lodge available for guests called the Retreat. This acts as a meet and greet, information room and has laundry facilities available.
Public Areas - WC
- A public WC is available for Guests in the bungalow and in the retreat. A toilet and shower block is situated in the camping field.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- our large Lounge / Dining room is available to guests at any time
- The room has a large L shaped settee and additional chair
- There are three table for breakfast.
- The room also has a large flat screen TV DVD/ CD player and wood burner fire
- Lodges are self catering – the Retreat is available as a lounge but no additional facilities are provided
- The Bungalow has a south facing terrace where we can serve breakfast on fine days.
- The facilities are available to all guests
- The swimming pool is outdoors but heated and is only 4 foot deep (both ends) with metal steps (children camping can only use this between 10am - 5pm
- We also have a log cabin housing a sauna and spa pool (four steps), this facility is adults only and subject to guests own risk - medical advice may be needed before using either of these.
- The camping field has a number of ball games available.
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- we have a unique glass dome available for guests to relax in and take coffee.
- While staying at Little Paddock guests enjoy temporary membership of the local Hurn Bridge Sports club.
- we have 3 double bedrooms
- All have ensuites, TV and free-view and Tea and Coffee facilities
- Each room has a wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Rooms are heated by newly installed radiators but additional heating is available on request.
- Additional bedding is available.
- Hairdryers and Ironing facilities are available on request.
- Our rooms are named after the seasons
- Spring is a large room with either a superking bed or two three foot twins.
- It has a large shower with seat. The French door leads to a private terrace area.
- Additional comfortable chairs are provided
- Summer is our romantic room with a large four poster bed and tasteful decoration.
- Autumn is a large double room with views over the pool and camping field. This room also has a ceiling fan
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite or Shared]
- with also have a separate bathroom and WC available
- The bathroom has a Hot Tub style bath and separate shower.
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- The nearby New Forest offers beautiful walks and little villages to explore
- The towns of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole offer world class beaches and a busy vast selection of activities catering for all tastes.
Grounds and Gardens
- we have a beautiful garden which is well stocked with plants a pond with a fountain in the shape of a copper tree provides a point off interest for many guests. The gardens are lit at night and there is ample lightning when approaching the rooms at night (controlled by sensors). There is low level lighting other side of the path leading to the lodges
- each room has a linked smoke alarm which in the event of fire will ring.
- An evacuation procedure is displayed in each room.
- We do not permit smoking in the house but ash trays are provided on the terrace.
- We are happy to accommodate special diets where possible. Please let us know before your arrival.
- We have a fire extinguisher and fire blanket in the kitchen, off the main hall.
- ~Each lodge has smoke alarms in the living area and bedrooms.
- There are fire extinguishers and fire blankets in each lodge.
Please Note: Mobile phone signals are patchy in our area depending on the provider.
- Address: 218 Hurn Road
- Telephone: 01425 470889 (when we are away form home we divert the phone to our mobile)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.little-paddock.com
- Hours of operation: We are open all year, except Christmas and Boxing day
- Emergency number: 01425 470889
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01425 470889 or email firstname.lastname@example.org